Once you know who you are, you don't have to worry anymore." Nikki Giovanni



Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Exclusive Interview with Recording Artist Jimmy Marsh

Photobucket

On my way to the green room *taps chin*(uhmm, why do they call it the "green room" if it isn’t green??) lol... Bumped into *I AM HANDSOME BOY* creator/designer Dunstan DuBiQue.... Real cool dude chatted it up for a few, He’s a joker too. lol… Once inside, the green room has a buffet of Italian food on display and lots of H2O available. Lingering in the room are a makeup artist, musicians with my interview for the night, artist *JMarsh*. Ladies! JMarsh is definitely a sharp dresser owww! brutha was lookin fresh! *brushes off shoulder* lol…
I got to speak with Donnie D Productions’ (DDP) own recording artist JMarsh on several aspects of his life as an artist in the*Industry*. Here’s how it went down ppl!:

lilmiss: What name do u go by or would like to be called: Jimmy Marsh or JMarsh?

JMarsh: *deep voice* JMarsh

lilmiss: So from what I see you’re a big come up out the streets of Boston...

JMarsh: Yea, been in the game for years, bout 20... Grew up here in Boston been in the street life ya know?... signed...seen a lot... Currently doing shows w/Donnie Wahlberg.... Actually have a show in NY in a couple of weeks... Donnie and I grew up together so we go way back.

lilmiss: I've never seen so much support for an artist like I've seen for you... Well, especially in Boston. I mean you have a great support ridin’ for you...

JMarsh: (Pause) *Blankstare* laughs>>> Well, what you see out there is just a small portion of true support for what I do. I wish I could say that Boston is totally supportive but there's a small bracket... You know everyone has their haters... lol

lilmiss: lol true... so am I the one lookin’ from the outside/in??

JMarsh: *LOL* Well, it’s sad to say but there is a select few who really want to see you shine out here (Boston) Nah! Don’t get me wrong. Boston supports their own... but you know - as said before a select few really wanna see you shine out here.

lilmiss: Well, as I've seen... you have a strong team behind you... regardless.

JMarsh: *points to brothers on couch* yea definitely… Gotta keep a strong foundation in this "industry" (music) and they been with me through it all.

lilmiss: I def respect that...totally agree… Well, I look forward to seein’ ya out there on that stage tonight.... It was a pleasure, JMarsh.

JMarsh: Def *shakes hands* def appreciate the support.
Follow JMARSH ON TWITTER: @jimmymarsh617... and @jimmymarshmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment