Once you know who you are, you don't have to worry anymore." Nikki Giovanni



Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SOB's Wednesday Showcase

Something Bout Live Bands that always steals my heart right away
Lol...Upon a lovely Wednesday in March I attended open mic night at the wonderful S.O.B's(off Houston) in NYC, Hosted by the awesome voice of Mr. Eric Roberson(twitter.com/@IAmEricRoberson). All in all of Course I attended in Support of the wonderful and Talented (twitter.com/@theElektrikKidd) aka Troy Durden original member of contemporary gospel group "Bobby Perry&R.A.I.N" all the way from Boston, MA..Holla! I entered to dim lights...low chatter amongst many congregated groups of young ears awaiting the phenomenon of the night. I made my way to my group of Bostonians(s/o2 Keeda&Tiff) and fellow Bandmembers. I get excited by seeing familiar friendly faces don't you? Lol Anyhoot with in no time the lights fade and the stage illuminates the lights. A Sultry manly voice blesses the microphone....the one and only Eric Roberson swoons ladies to the front of the stage...(Singing)freestyling by anything he saw..only ya imagination was his playground *wink wink* My My Eric could sing a sista outta her panties.....*whew!* he messes with me but for a second calling out "You woman in the sheer white blouse" my face blushes in embarrassment... for who likes to be called out unknowingly amongst peers to whom u may not have wanted to be known lol...I admit I liked it lol. Various Acts gave good stage presence but nothing was like Troy's...not only did he do his own thang he also did tribute to Prince and his own rendition of not 1 but 2 "Bad Boy" songs "Benjamins"& "I'm Coming Home" along w/the lovely back up singers Sharla,Coco&Cessy... Coco aka(@cocobread) tore that stage up and had males across the room jar drop! When she did lil Kims verse on "All bout the Benjamins" whoa! I was even rooting for her ....I'm ending this out with Folks Get out and go see live entertainment its worth every Penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment